The seed of Audible Treats sprouted when colleagues from New York University’s Music Business Graduate Program were deep in a dispute over a topic they often debated; Which is better – Indie hip-hop or indie rock? Needless to say, they never came to a resolution but the debates kept them amused over beers after class. These conversations inspired the colleagues to form Audible Treats: an entertainment marketing and publicity firm dedicated to exposing their favorite music, games, and movies to the largest audience possible.
- Online Marketing and Media Buys
We construct targeted digital marketing campaigns that build buzz and awareness for your project. We identify the sites that will provide the most impact for your music, game, or movie, and administer every aspect of a new media advertising campaign.
- Online and Print Publicity
We secure feature articles, interviews, event coverage, and reviews in digital and print outlets large and small. We also orchestrate contests, design unique viral applications including iPhone and Facebook apps, and create unique crossover promotions.
- Cross-Media Marketing
We are the bridge that connects the worlds of gaming, music, and movies. Uniquely pitching your content to our extensive network of journalists and tastemakers, we allow your product to be embraced across the spectrum of lifestyle and entertainment segments.
- Content Distribution and Placement
We service and secure exclusive placement for audio and video streams to major online outlets, blogs, and virally seed message boards and online community sites.
Why Work With Audible Treats?
Put simply, no one can match our ability to at once execute an innovative, eye-catching campaign and circulate promotional assets to a vast network of online & print media outlets. Our personal relationships with thousands of editors, journalists, and bloggers- not to mention tens of thousands of fans through YouTube, social networking sites, and our newsletter- allow us to service your projects to anyone and everyone potentially interested in your media. Yet an extensive network without a captivating pitch is not enough; fortunately, our tech and trend-savvy team of entertainment buffs custom-tailors each and every project for maximum exposure.
The team at Audible Treats is dedicated to doing what we love: getting great exposure for our favorite musicians, movies, and games in a wide array of media outlets. As a business, we understand the needs of labels and publishers. As musicians ourselves, we understand the goals of artists. As entertainment aficionados, we understand what the public wants to read and hear about. Allow us to (re)introduce you to the world!
All of our services include bi-weekly reporting, which provide both macro and micro-level analysis of the campaign as well as solid metrics, which will help you in other aspects of your promotional campaign. In short, none of our competitors can equal the detail that we provide in our reports.
What Clients Has Audible Treats Worked With?
The Audible Treats team is proud to have worked with companies such as: Sony/BMG Music, Universal Music Group, Definitive Jux Records, Warner Music Group, Jive Records, Interdependent Media, MYX Music Label, Motown Records, Koch Records, Hiero Imperium, J Records, Geffen Records, Def Jam Recordings, Fat Beats Records, Blacksmith Music, BBE Music, Embedded Music, Battery Records, Delicious Vinyl, Truth & Soul, and many more.
The artists our team have worked with include Talib Kweli, T-Pain, Nelly, E-40, Ill Bill, dead prez, Hieroglyphics, Too $hort, El-P, K’Naan, Souls of Mischief, Anthony Hamilton, Del the Funky Homosapien, Black Milk, eLZhi, Huey, The Pharcyde, Remy Ma, Rob Swift, Mario, Akrobatik, Raheem DeVaughn, Edo. G, One.Be.Lo, Mobb Deep, Cappadonna, Junk Science, Tanya Morgan, J*DaVeY, Kon & Amir, and many others.
Recent Audible Treats Client Achievements
- Top-10 Hip-Hop debuts on iTunes for multiple artists
- mtvU Freshman Five video debuts
- XXL Magazine Show & Prove features
- YouTube homepage video debuts
- Feature reviews in The Fader, Time Out New York, Billboard, The Onion, XXL Magazine, Source Magazine, Waxpoetic, Spin
- Inclusion on dozens of 2010 End-of-the-year lists for multiple artists
- MySpace front page features, full album previews, video premiers for dozens of artists
- NPR song of the day features
- Audio premiers on AOL’s TheBoomBox.com & Spinner.com
- AllHipHop.com Heater of the Day features
- Video premiers on WorldStarHipHop.com, VladTV.com
- Features, exclusive debuts, and reviews for numerous artists in top music outlets: The Fader, AllHipHop, Spin, Pitchfork, OkayPlayer, HipHopDX, HipHopGame, XXL Magazine and more
- Successful User Generated Content contests, including partnering with sponsors for cross promotions such as Native Instruments, Activision, Onitsuka Tiger, Aerial7 Headphones, Rocksmith Tokyo, Rane/Serato Scratch Live, Ablelton Live, Zoo York, KarmaLoop.com, Numark, and more.
- #1 single at AC Urban for K’Jon’s “On The Ocean”
- Certified platinum status for Huey “Pop, Lock, & Drop It” digital single
- Certified gold status for E-40 for My Ghetto Report Card
What Do Previous Clients Have To Say About Audible Treats?
“Audible Treats isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and go the extra mile for their clients. Always quick to react and adapt, Michelle and her team provide measurable results, not just embellished marketing reports full of ﬂuff. On our Huey campaign, Audible Treats helped us take a localized dance sensation in ‘Pop, Lock, and Drop It’ to a new level of widespread awareness through aggressive distribution of viral video and user generated content. This is just one of many examples where Audible Treats has risen to our challenges and delivered results.”
- Jami Stigliano, Associate Director, Digital Marketing/Advertising, Jive Records
“Audible Treats have always given the many projects on our diverse roster the individual attention necessary to create successful marketing campaigns and opportunities. Instead of opting for a broad-stroke approach that does not take into consideration the nuances between artists and genres, they spend their time conceiving tailor-made plans that get our artists’ music to the people who are most receptive to it. Then they look for ways to expand and successfully expose the music to a much larger base. I have retained them for years to handle our marketing needs and am thoroughly pleased with their service!”
- Tajai Massey, CEO Clear Label Media Group and Hieroglyphics Imperium
“For any label, artist, group, etc looking for a way to get their name, project or album visible online, Audible Treats is the perfect solution. Can you go wrong when you find knowledgeable, good people who are also affordable and work hard? Not easy to find, trust me, I’ve been looking for years! I personally will continue to use them for all my future projects and have recommended them to friends in the business. It is a great feeling when other artists (some of whom are much bigger than I am) have commented on seeing my album all over the internet and asked “Who is doing all that for you? Can I speak to them?” Well, yes you can speak to them, and should!!!”
- DJ JS-1, Rock Steady Crew, Fat Beats Records